A while back I purchased a Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition for my gaming battle station. The microphone itself is, “The World’s #1 USB Microphone”. I would consider this to be true for the consumer as It appears to be an entry-level professional grade microphone with the consumer product price tag $99 on Amazon.
Features of the microphone include:
- Numerous ways to handle noise
- Internal soundcard
- Easy gain control
- Headphone Amplifier
- Auxilary out on the bottom
This product would be targeted to anyone looking for a plug & play, high-quality microphone without burning a hole in your pocket. Someone who is looking to get a customizable microphone as there are many colorway options to choose from. Often used by streamers on sites like twitch.tv, this is a perfect gift for any gaming enthusiast.
The benefit that separates this from other microphones is the price for performance. It’s solid, high build quality, and is catered to your needs. If you have a red room, you can get a red Blue Yeti! Having a soundcard is another big advantage as you don’t have to purchase a separate sound card that is on average just as expensive as the microphone itself.
- Cheapest price I’ve found was on Amazon.com for $99
- There are separate gaming & streaming bundles you can purchase.
- Easy as plug & play, no bloatware included.
- Bulky: It’s hard to tell from photos online the size of the microphone. Eventually led me to purchase a boom arm, which creates another problem due to the microphone’s weight.
- Too good: From a gaming enthusiast’s viewpoint, this mic will pick up EVERYTHING. This includes your mechanical keyboard. This problem can easily be solved by purchasing a shock mount or creating your own.
I stand by what I wrote about the price for performance. I have had two other microphones that I was comparing against and the Blue Yeti blows it out of the water. The Razer Kraken Pro & Razer Megladon were both headsets, but after having the stand-alone microphone there is no way I can go back.
I suggest you pick this one up and If you don’t end up liking it return it!
Here are a few pictures of my personal setup: